August in West Sacramento
Living at The Strand apartments means living in the heart of West Sacramento. With fine dining and shopping just footsteps away from The Strand, there’s always something to do. However, sometimes you just need to get out and explore a little bit. Whether you’re looking for a place to play with your kids, walk your dog, or want to go for a run, there’s something for everyone on this list. So pack up a picnic lunch and get ready for some fun in the sun! Here is a guide to the best parks near The Strand.
Fun in The Sun: Best Parks Near The Strand
Soak in the summer air outdoors!
- Bridgeway Lakes Community Park – Check out this 12-acre park with athletic fields & a water play area, plus a community building & an amphitheater! This park is great to hang out with your kids by the water.
- Bryte Park – Have you discovered Bryte Park yet? It’s huge! And it has lots of open grassy areas, which is perfect for playing sports. You can play basketball, soccer, or football, or just relax on one of the many benches. Make sure you check it out if you’re in the area!
- Summerfield Park – If you’re looking for a great park to take your family or just to have fun, Summerfield is the place to go. With plenty of room to run around and explore, as well as some fun amenities like a playground and basketball court – you won’t be disappointed! So pack up a picnic lunch and head over to this West Sacramento gem. Be sure to visit soon, we can’t wait to see you out there!
- River Walk Park – If you haven’t had the chance to check out West Sacramento’s greatest park yet, we highly recommend a visit to River Walk Park. The views of downtown Sacramento and Old Sacramento are simply stunning. There’s plenty of space for a relaxing day outdoors with friends or family too. Plus, the grand staircase makes for a perfect spot to take photos commemorating your time in this beautiful city. The waterfront space also features a promenade, picnic areas, and lovely views of the skyline and Old Sacramento.
West Sacramento is full of beautiful parks, and they’re a lot of fun, too! All the parks provide plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation. With playgrounds, picnic areas, and pet-friendly spaces, it calls for a perfect day out with family & friends!
Amusement Parks Near The Strand
Take your kids out to enjoy an adventurous day at nearby amusement parks!
- Funderland Amusement Park – Opened in 1946, this amusement park geared to young kids features 9 rides, including a carousel.
- Fairytale Town – Explore this enduring kid-friendly park featuring a storybook theme, animals for petting, gardens & a cafe.
- Scandia Fun Center – If you’re looking for a fun day out with the family, or some excitement with your friends, Scandia Fun Center is the place for you! This attraction features rides, mini-golf, go-karts, and batting cages. And if you get tired of playing outside, the indoor arcade will keep you entertained for hours! Head to this amusement park this summer!
- Raging Waters Sacramento – Raging Waters Sacramento is the perfect place to go for fun in the sun. With tons of waterslides and other exciting attractions, you won’t want to miss out! So make sure to visit Raging Waters Sacramento.
- Roseville Golfland Sunsplash – If you’re looking to step outside of Sacramento, check out Roseville Golfland Sunsplash. They offer mini-golf courses, arcades, and other activities that will keep you entertained all day long. Plus, this park features water slides and laser tag, if you’re feeling adventurous.
We recommend visiting these top five amusement parks near West Sacramento. They are sure to provide hours of enjoyment for people of all ages. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and have some fun!
Summer by The Strand
West Sacramento is a great city with plenty of things to do, and the parks near The Strand are no exception. Get outside and explore with your friends and family this summer – there are always endless activities to explore. And when you need a break from all the fun, come back to your luxury apartments or take advantage of our luxury amenities. We hope you enjoy your Summer at The Strand!