August in Sacramento
Hot August days call for adventures by the water! Thankfully, there are plenty of water activities near The Strand that will keep you entertained. From river rafting down the river to swimming and boating in lakes, you’ll be able to find an activity that fits your needs. Keep reading for a breakdown of some of the best water activities near West Sacramento.
Best Water Activities Near West Sacramento
A day spent in the water is never a waste of time!
- Sand Cove Park – If you’re looking for a beautiful place to spend the day swimming or relaxing in the shade with a book in hand, look no further than this green space and beach along the American River. This spot also features a nature area called Sand Cove Park, which is perfect for exploring. So pack your sunscreen and head on over for a fun-filled day!
- Power Boat & Jet Ski Classes – Check out Sacramento State Aquatic Center in Gold River! Take power boating or jet ski classes. Alternatively, you can learn to sail, windsurf, or paddle too! Rent your water equipment and enjoy a beautiful day on the river.
- River Rafting – Go river rafting on the American River! North, Middle, and South Forks of the American boast miles of trails and places to wade, fish, or relax. Enjoy natural surroundings and beauty – from whitewater rafting, kayaking, lake paddling, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, and more!
- Scandia Fun Center – If you want something fun to do in Sacramento, visit the Scandia family fun center. They have water rides, arcades, miniature golf, and more!
- Sacramento Historic River Cruise – This day cruise is perfect for romantic adventures! Take in the sights from the water during this Sacramento River cruise. You can relax and enjoy outdoor or indoor seating areas as you listen to your captain’s historical commentary that traces the Gold Rush, Pony Express, and the present day.
West Sacramento is near the best rivers, perfect for summer water activities! You can swim, sunbathe, read a book, or take classes. If you’re feeling adventurous, go rafting on the river! No matter what you choose to do, you’re sure to have a great time at these exciting spots in Sacramento.
Pool Day At The Strand
If you’re looking for a fun and luxurious place to spend your summer, look no further than The Strand Luxury Apartments. Our pool is the perfect place to relax in the sun with friends, and our resort-style cabanas featuring two pools and one spa will surely keep everyone entertained all day long. Here are tips on how to host the ultimate pool day with friends!
- Send Festive Invitations
- Pack the essentials: Sunscreen, Water, Sunglasses, Hats, and Towels!
- Keep Your Guests Hydrated With Fun Drinks
- Have A Nice Spread Of Tasty Snacks
- Don’t Forget The Pool Floaties!
- Set up your Lounge Chairs
- Plan Pool Party Games
- Play some music
- Have Fun!
We hope you’ll take advantage of our pool and all the other wonderful amenities we have to offer at The Strand Luxury Apartments.
Summer in Sacramento
Sacramento is a great place to spend the summer, especially if you’re looking for some exciting and fun water activities. The Strand luxury apartments are located near many different water areas and rivers where you can enjoy swimming, fishing, kayaking, and more. If you need a break from all of that activity, our pool is always open for relaxation. We hope you have an amazing time exploring everything our wonderful city has to offer this summer!