Last Summer Weekend Near The Strand
Summer is winding down and the kids are going back to school which can only mean one thing- it’s almost time for fall fun! There’s always plenty to do in West Sacramento over the weekend to take in the final glimpse of summer. Keep reading for some great shopping and dining spots or ideas for a weekend trip out of town. Here is the ultimate guide on taking advantage of the last bit of summer near the Strand.
Shopping & Activities in Sacramento
We all know that one of the biggest sales is in September. Here are malls and stores to shop at.
- DOCO – This shopping center is a spot to spend time with your friends or family. Discover the Sacramento King’s Arena, little boutiques, and Macy’s! They also offer upscale dining such as Polanco Cantina, Echo & Rig, and The Sawyer. To satisfy those sweet cravings, check out Estelle’s Bakery! They offer a small lunch menu with smoked salmon sandwiches, delicious pastries like macarons, and iced lattes. Plus, the restaurant vibes are fun with floral decorations and beautiful views of downtown Sacramento, great for those Instagram pictures!
- Arden Fair – Conveniently located in the heart of the city is Sacramento’s fashion destination, Arden Fair. This bright and spacious mall features over 150 shops, a food court with fast food as well as full-service restaurants like Ichiban Sushi, BJ’s Brewery & Restaurant, and GEN Korean BBQ.
- Drake’s BARN – For those new to West Sacramento, Drake’s Barn is the perfect hang-out spot for all ages! Bring your kids, pets, and friends to have a picnic. This outdoor brewery also offers movie nights on Wednesdays as well as live music and a beer garden on other nights! Plus, Drake’s Barn is just a walk away from the minor league baseball stadium, Sutter Health Park.
Chic Restaurant Spots in Sacramento
- 58 Degrees & Holding Co. – Located in Midtown Sacramento, is a popular wine & bar restaurant 58 Degrees & Holding. They have a wide selection of by-the-glass wines & refined New American dining in an upscale atmosphere. Be sure to order their Pappardelle Carbonara with Pancetta, Garlic Confit, Peas, Shallots, and Parmesan and their delicious New York Cheesecake for dessert!
- Paragary’s – Check out this stylish bistro with patio seating specializing in French eats with a Californian fare! For those that love a nice atmosphere, this is the place to be!
- Cantina Alley – One of midtown’s best Mexican restaurants is Cantina Alley. This upbeat, modern destination for Mexican street food & cocktails is served on a bustling patio. Their Carne Asada street tacos with their fresh signature margaritas won’t disappoint!
- Rio City Cafe – Located right at the Tower Bridge and Old Sacramento Waterfront is Rio City Cafe. This quaint restaurant with a riverside outdoor patio features New American entrees & cocktails and beautiful views of the Sacramento River.
The Strand is near endless excellent shopping, dining, and attraction spots to take advantage of the last bit of summer near the Strand. After a fun day of trying delicious eats and shopping all those sales, head back to the Strand apartments! Hang out by the pool or at our Clubhouse. Restock your fall purchases in your spacious closets too!
Plan a weekend getaway to Sonoma! Sonoma is renowned for amazing wine vineyards, beautiful views, and sustainable farming. Experience Sonoma’s top attractions like visiting the Botanical gardens, Horse N Around Horse Trail Rides, and wine tasting at Beau Wine Tours. Take a fun culinary class at Ramekins Culinary school where they offer hands-on and demos cooking classes from pizza-making to summer grilling! Book your stay at the Cottage Inn & Spa, just a block away from Sonoma’s quaint town square. They are Sonoma’s best hospitality group and offer a calm spa, a private room, and a suite featuring unique architectural design elements, some with fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs, kitchens, and private patios. All stays include access to several common areas, freshly made local pastries delivered to your room every morning, and free wifi.
After a relaxing and rejuvenating trip from Sonoma, unwind in your cozy bedrooms at the Strand and at our community amenities.