Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Now that summer’s finally here, we’re all in need of a weekend getaway to unwind and relax. Fortunately, West Sacramento is neighbors with some of California’s greatest destinations. Here is the ultimate guide to the best weekend getaways near West Sacramento.
Weekend Getaways near West Sacramento
- Napa Valley – We love a lovely weekend in Wine Country! Napa is a beautiful vacation destination offering exceptional wine tasting and vineyards experiences. We recommend visiting Shadybrook Estate Winery! Enjoy a day of wine tasting and eating savory charcuterie boards at their beautiful 12-acre vineyard. Upon arrival, you will be greeted and shown to a tasting terrace overlooking the exquisite Rapp Ranch Vineyards and Coombsville hills. Book your reservation today!
- Marin County – Book a relaxing stay in Marin County! Home to stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and the Golden Gate Bridge, there are endless opportunities for relaxing in style. Eat your way through San Rafael, take a hike in the Marin Headlands, or book a ferry to Angel Island State Park. For those that like to unwind by the beach, book a stay at Casa Madrona in Sausalito. This elegant hotel is located next to the downtown Sausalito waterfront, overlooking the San Francisco skyline.
- South Lake Tahoe – Considered to be one of the most beautiful places on Earth, South Lake Tahoe is the perfect place for a weekend getaway. Discover the clear blue lakes and the everlasting redwood trees. Book your luxury Airbnb by Emeral Bay for stunning lake water views. Spend your day out on a boat, then head back to your stay for a BBQ dinner.
- Yosemite National Park – Famed for its giant, ancient sequoia trees and the iconic Bridalveil Fall, Yosemite is the place to be. Soak in the fresh air while hiking at Half Dome and explore fine dining and shopping at Yosemite Village!
After a weekend of creating unforgettable memories, continue the relaxation at the Strand. Make your apartments at the Strand your own weekend oasis! Spend your summer by our resort-style pools and spa.
Things to do at the Strand
- Game Night – Host a game night at the Clubhouse! Equipped with a pool table, a Demonstration Kitchen, and a flat-screen TV, the Clubhouse is the perfect spot to spend time with your friends and family. Play a fun game of charades by the fireplace!
- Wine Night – Host a wine night in your luxury apartments at the Strand. Our bright and spacious open-concept living areas are perfect for entertaining guests! Enjoy the views of West Sacramento on your private patios.
- Movie Night – Invite your friends and family over to stream movies in the comfort of your own home or at the Clubhouse. Order in a delicious pizza dinner and put on a good summer movie! Our go-to pizza spot is Masullo Pizza and their classic margarita pizza is a must-try. Some classic summer movies we recommend are Grease, Jaws, and Mama Mia.
- Pool Day – Life is cool by the pool. Spend your hot summer days lounging poolside or at our private cabanas, with two pools to choose from. Bring down your floaties, sunscreens, and books, so you can relax in style by the pool.
- Summer BBQ – Red, white, and barbecue! Cook a hearty BBQ dinner at our Barbecue Deck this summer! Fresh watermelons & grilled hamburgers sound like the ideal summer meal.
There’s unlimited potential for an activity-packed day at the Strand! Don’t forget to discover new restaurants and shops near you, all summer long!
Summer at the Strand
Summer is what you make of it at the Strand! We’d love to know how you’ll spend your summer. Take countless pictures and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @thestrandsacrmento