Whether you’re reading a good book or entertaining friends in your apartments at the Strand, it’s always nice to step out for that fresh West Sacramento air! Leave it to West Sacramento to throw the best weekend events to mingle with your community. Here at the Strand, we strive for all our residents to experience everything West Sacramento has to offer! Here is the ultimate guide to the best West Sacramento Summer Events.
West Sacramento Summer Events
Summertime means happy times and good sunshine. It’s that time of the year to go out and socialize!
- Kids Night Out! (6/10) – Join the 3-hour-long event with your kids. This social event is for children grades K-5 to enjoy social time with enrichment activities, games, a yummy meal, and a movie! Kids are welcome to wear pajamas to the event and bring a pillow and blanket for movie time. For more information, visit the website.
- West Sac Rhythm on the River: Rock Night (6/30) – This summer event offers a series of free concerts! Invite your friends and family for a fun time enjoying live music by local and regional musicians. For more information, visit the website.
- Sad Summer Festival (7/08) – Purchase your tickets today to enjoy this exciting summer music festival presented by Journeys lineup featuring Waterparks, Mayday Parade, State Champs, Hot Mulligan, and more! For more information, visit the website.
- The Best of Sacramento Party (8/18) – Celebrate the Best of Sacramento at Drake’s: The Barn! This year’s event offers a wide range of food, beer, wine, and craft spirits with a new look and festival feel. Expect to party along the river with a backdrop of Sacramento landmarks! Purchase your tickets here before it’s too late!
Mark down your calendars and save the dates for those upcoming events! We hope you have a blast spending time with your family and friends jamming out to live music while socializing with your neighbors in West Sacramento. Afterward, head back over to your apartments at the Strand and continue the fun at our luxury amenities!
Things to do near West Sacramento this Summer
A hot summer day calls for an activity-packed day!
- Baseball Game – Support your local minor league baseball team, Sacramento River Cats! Enjoy watching the game while eating hot dogs and fries at the Sutter Health Park with stunning views!
- Sacramento Zoo – Spend the day with your kids at the Sacramento Zoo. This classic attraction is great for families that love animals and a good educational experience! This zoo offers activities like feeding the giraffes, hearing the thrilling roars of a lion and learning about the animals and their habitats.
- Downtown Sacramento – Explore all the amazing restaurants and attractions in downtown Sacramento! We recommend checking out Prelude Kitchen & Bar! With an amazing menu of gourmet steaks and burgers, you’ll keep coming back for more.
- Coin-Op – This game room offers a lively pub experience with over 40 classic arcade games, a large beer selection & pizza by the slice or pie!
- The Revival – On a hot Friday night, The Revival is your best bet. This stylish poolside lounge on the roof of The Sawyer hotel offers cocktails & gourmet bar bites.
After a day of discovering the best of West Sacramento, head back to your Strand apartments to unwind! Relax in style poolside all summer long. Combined with our unmatched amenities and the exciting attractions of West Sacramento, you are guaranteed to have the best summer ever!
Experience Summer at the Strand
Here at the Strand, we are committed to making your place the perfect home to entertain yourself and your guest! Don’t forget to take advantage of our fully-equipped fitness center, a lavish clubhouse with a fireplace, spacious outdoor dining areas, and resort-style cabanas.